We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston - first week of December

Dublin
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Boston - first week of December

Hello Bostonians!

I'll be in Boston on the first week of December for work. It will actually be my first time in the US so close to Christmas.

I know I'll see the same things I could see in any other city around Christmas, but I wonder if there's any Xmas-related food or things that I could only find in Boston or in the US around Xmas? As each country has some Xmas speciality...

Thanks all for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
8 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston - first week of December

I really can't think of anything that's uniquely American for Christmas.. Maybe pumpkin pie but I'm not sure.

Eggnog perhaps......it's a beverage not a food. I know it's a 'thing' in Canada too though.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston - first week of December

There is a year-round shop in Quincy Market called Christmas in Boston, where you are sure to find some items that you would never expect to find anywhere.

Mentioned in this post
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,864 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Dublin
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston - first week of December

Lovely, thanks for the tip! I'll go there for sure :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston - first week of December

The Frog Pond on the Boston Common! You don't have to actually skate, but if you want to, you can rent skates. But it is very lovely to see. We like to look at it for a bit then go nearby to a warm restaurant, of which there are many.

I think the way Boston does its Christmas lights on the Boston Common is unusual, and I am fond of it.

The Commonwealth Mall is also beautifully lit up for the season. That is close to the Common and runs along one side of Back Bay.

I think the Museum of Fine Arts used to do a huge decorated tree, but am I right? That is a wonderful museum with a wonderful gift shop.

What else? I know there is more.

Mentioned in this post
Frog Pond
Frog Pond
212 Reviews
Boston, MA
The Boston Common Hotel and Conference Center
The Boston Common Hotel...
829 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Back Bay
Back Bay
443 Reviews
Boston, MA
Museum of Fine Arts
Museum of Fine Arts
7,180 Reviews
Boston, MA
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston - first week of December

If you do go to the common and see the tree you might not realize that there is an interesting history behind it, which dates back to a devastating explosion in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

https:/…Boston_Christmas_Tree

Mentioned in this post
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston - first week of December

The annual Boston Speedo Santa Run fundraiser is December 9. See below from last year. Other cities also do the run...as a fundraiser, too. I think it's too late to register...but you could watch.

https:/…zsjpll---iuq1rgnjpmsoy

Perhaps the Beacon Hill Holiday Stroll? Dec 7 this year i think.

https:/…p1107.php

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill
2,098 Reviews
Boston, MA
Dublin
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston - first week of December

Thanks for the tip! That's definitely something I haven't seen anywhere else

8. Re: Boston - first week of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2017, 00:37

Reply to: Boston - first week of December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted