We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan security

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Logan security

Which line is usually shorter, TSA PreCheck or First/business?

15 replies to this topic
1. Re: Logan security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 November 2017, 23:35

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,371 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan security

Well, if you have both options you can look and see, no? I'll be flying soon with both options but who knows if my time of day and terminal will be representative of your checkin moment and terminal.

Boston...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan security

It varies. That said I always choose TSA Precheck regardless of line length because the screening experience is more pleasant.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan security

TSA/Precheck because you don;t have to take off your shoes and jackets and take out your small electronics. Also there is not always a first class line.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Logan security

Depends where you are going and if your airline participates.

There is no separate TSA pre-check line at Terminal E (in other words if you are flying international). That's unless something has changed recently. I've taken a lot of flights out of E and while I'm always in the commoner line I've noticed the first/business line has always been really short.

That's also something about your airline participating in the pre-check program or not but I'm not up on the details of that.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30,638 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Logan security

TSA/PreCheck.

Boston...
Level Contributor
17,022 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Logan security

Hey Hank! You can use the TSA Precheck line at Terminal C and use the relatively new connector to get yourself over to terminal E these days. But don't tell anyone!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Logan security

Yes it looks like you can go from C to E while staying wihin security. You just need to be sure your airline participates in Precheck (google it)

Boston...
Level Contributor
17,022 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Logan security

As of 2 hours ago I now have PreCheck!

And then had a ride home from Logan in Thanksgiving Sunday traffic!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,227 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Logan security

I came through the Callahan tunnel at about 9:30 last night (Sunday after Thanksgiving) and I could not believe the TRAFFIC going into the airport. They were even routing taxis to a 'taxi pool' via the Bennington Street exit.

I did not expect it that late.

Reply to: Logan security
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted