We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall foliage : late september - early october

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
fall foliage : late september - early october

I'm planning a short vacation of four-five nights in Boston for next year with my family. It's not our first time in town, and this time we would like to see the fall foliage if it was possibile. Our dates are flexibles, we can spend our four-five nights between 24th September 2018 and 4th October 2018.

We don't want to rent a car, we would like to spend 2-3 days in boston and then book a one-day tour that brings us from boston to see the fall foliage. I would like to know if in the period I mentioned above we are able to see the fall foliage. I know that is impossible to predict the exact period when the leaves turn their color from green to yellow and red, but, and I ask especially to people who live in that area, compared to the previous years, if it is a good period, even if it is not the peak season? I'm worried to arrive too early and find all trees still all green.

Have you any day tour to see the foliage to suggest me? I found only this one at this moment:

https:/…d678-3978TOUR11

Thank you!

12 replies to this topic
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
265 reviews
11. Re: fall foliage : late september - early october

During the first week of October you can certainly see some nice foliage colors in the White Mountains of New Hampshire -it might not be peak yet, but there will be lots of color.

Georgia
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
4 reviews
12. Re: fall foliage : late september - early october

I agree. You WILL see colorful foliage in the White Mtns by week 1 of Oct. It may or may not yet be peak, but there is still color.

That said, I think you'd need a car to do it justice. FWIW, it is mostly all highway, in fact all highway, between Logan Airport and the White Mtns. So, maybe this is long enough to gain some comfort. The roads in the White Mtns will not be terribly crowded other than thru N.Conway and Lincoln.

Montreal or Quebec City are great options and don't let anyone tell you that you won't see colorful foliage there during your travel dates. Foliage could be a little early or a little late, but foliage season isn't a one or two day event. Closer to 2 or 3 weeks.

Reply to: fall foliage : late september - early october
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted