We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski day trip from Boston suggestions

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Ski day trip from Boston suggestions

I'll be in Boston from Jan 1 to 5th and looking to do a day trip at a nearby ski resort on the 2nd Jan (< 3 hour one way). A number of question:

1. Would there be decent amount of snow around that time of the year?

2. Mount Sunapee and Pats Peak seem to be decent in size, any other ski field suggestions?

3. Coach/public transport access would be preferred, though there's not much info available regarding transport options. Mount Sunapee mentioned rally bus, but the only bus slot shown available is on the 1st and 5th. Is there any other coach/transport alternatives? It seems that hiring a car would be the likely options, however not keen as I am not used to driving on the right side of the road (from Australia).

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
590 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,054 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour...
703 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
462 Reviews
from US$55.65*
11 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Ski day trip from Boston suggestions

Great suggestions everyone. I'll most likely end up going to Wachusett as its the most accessible via public transport. Is Uber the only option from the Wachusett Station to the ski resort? And would getting a Uber at Wachusett (small town/suburb?) be hard on a weekday?

Reply to: Ski day trip from Boston suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted