We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Trip to BOS, Help Needed!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
172 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Trip to BOS, Help Needed!

My sister and I are looking into spending a weekend in Boston at the end of March for a much needed girls weekend. We need help picking a hotel. We want to be close to shopping, restaurants, and bars for some fun nightlife. A friend said to look near Newbury Street, but we haven't been able to find a lot of hotels on Newbury. I was looking at the Westin Copley Square since I figure you can't really go wrong with a Westin. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a reasonable hotel in a great location? Also, any restaurant, bar suggestions are also welcome! :) Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Newbury Street
Newbury Street
2,195 Reviews
Boston, MA
Newbury Guest House
Newbury Guest House
720 Reviews
Boston, MA
Copley Square
Copley Square
672 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,682 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Trip to BOS, Help Needed!

The Westin is a great location ... near Newbury Street and other shopping. I think any hotel in the Back Bay/Copley Square area will work for you. Others would include the Marriot Copley Place, Sheraton, Farimont Copley Plaza, the Copley Square Hotel and the Back Bay Hotel (formerly Jury's),

Mentioned in this post
Newbury Street
Newbury Street
2,195 Reviews
Boston, MA
Back Bay
Back Bay
466 Reviews
Boston, MA
Copley Square
Copley Square
672 Reviews
Boston, MA
Copley Place
Copley Place
125 Reviews
Boston, MA
Copley Square Hotel
Copley Square Hotel
2,109 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Trip to BOS, Help Needed!

Another plus for the Westin is that it is actually connected to two malls, Copley Place (high-end shopping) and the Prudential Center. There is a Marriott in the same complex.

Mentioned in this post
Copley Place
Copley Place
125 Reviews
Boston, MA
Prudential Center
Prudential Center
1,458 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Trip to BOS, Help Needed!

Yes, Newbury Street is famous, but it's lined with shops and restaurants, not too many hotels (although the Taj is on the corner of Newbury and Arlington). That whole area is known as Back Bay. This is the area we locals most often recommend to tourists, unless they are specifying some other thing that makes another part of town better. Downtown is good, too -- There are several hotels right downtown, which is close to Faneuil Hall. Boston is quite a small town, so it's easy to get to the major stuff by either walking or using the subway. But the Westin sounds like a very good choice! By the way, note that the restaurants right in Back Bay are, for the most part, not extraordinary. I think it's because in a way they have so many visitors passing through or staying in nearby hotels, so they get away with it. If you are very into food and eating out, please post again and we'll give you some ideas. And if you are looking for an old-style glamorous place to have a drink, here's one that is really close to the Westin Hotel: The Oak Bar at the Copley Plaza Hotel. One of my faves.

Mentioned in this post
Newbury Street
Newbury Street
2,195 Reviews
Boston, MA
Taj Boston
Taj Boston
3,054 Reviews
Boston, MA
Newbury Guest House
Newbury Guest House
720 Reviews
Boston, MA
Arlington
Arlington
Virginia
Back Bay
Back Bay
466 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
4. Re: Girls Trip to BOS, Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 13:20