We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

dublin ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

Hello - I am flying with Aer Lingus next week on their flight Ei 133 from Dublin Ireland to Boston MA - this flight stops in Shannon along the way. Can anyone please tell me where do I clear US Immigration? In Dublin or in Boston? Aer Lingus no longer avail of US Immigration at Shannon. Also - do I get off the plane in Shannon? Thank you for reading this. Best Wishes Patrick in Dublin Ireland

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
637 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,075 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
533 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,906 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

Many years ago you I got off the plane and cleared immigration/customs in Shannon ... (in both directions) but I don't know now. You may want to also post this question on the Dublin board where you might find locals who have flown Aer Lingus to Boston recently.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

I'm pretty sure you will (still) get off the plane in Shannon and go through some kind of U.S. Immigration control there - at least we did in 2006. We were actually changing planes in Shannon but I was under the impression that everyone goes through this. You won't actually "clear" customs until you get to Boston however in any case.

I'd be curious as to why anyone would care about this. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
dublin ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

Thank you for your reply but since late 2009 Aer Lingus no longer use the US immigration facility in Shannon - Aer Lingus are giving me various answers to my questions - but thank you again

dublin ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

|Thank you for your reply - Aer Lingus no longer use the US Immigration Facility in Shannon and Aer Lingus have given me v - arious answers as to where I will clear US Immigration - since I like to travel as smooothly as possible I put this question on this Forum - and have received courteous and update replies

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
705 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

From what I have read elsewhere, you are correct that Aer Lingus is currently electing not to use the US pre-clearance facility at Shannon for their US-bound flights. Dublin airport does have US pre-clearance for immigration, but (for whatever reason) not for customs. So you might need to be prepared for different possibilities, but the likelihood is that you will go through Immigration & Customs on arrival at Terminal E at Logan Airport.

Regarding whether you are obliged to get off the plane in Shannon and back on again, in my experience on these flights (EI 132 / 133) you are not permitted to remain aboard or leave luggage onboard. Again, things may have changed.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Aer Lingus Ei 133 Dublin to Boston vis Shannon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 12:18