We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving

Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving

Hello we are coming down thanksgiving we want to do lego land sea world and the zoo as main attractions then explore the city where is the best place to stay we will have a car we would love to be on the water but not have to drive over 45 mins for nice dinners or action thanks

8 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving

Hi- please tell us who 'we' are? By what you list it sounds like you have small children with you.

Also, what is your nightly budget?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,535 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving

If it fits your budget stay at The a Hotel Del Coronado.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving

Please tell us who is in your travel group and what you wish to spend on lodging in USA $$??

That will help us guide you as hotels for families with children may be different recs than for adults alone.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving

Coronado, Pacific Beach and the La Jolla Shore would be my top three picks.

Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving

Sorry my husband and I and our young kids around 200-350 a night prefer higher rated hotel for better service like room service spa etc

Edited: 10 September 2017, 02:45
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving

I don't know prices for Thanksgiving .IF you want a hotel with water views near beaches then you might try the Coronado Marriott, the Hyatt Mission Bay (in a high floor tower room) the Catamaran in a bayview suite .

IF you don't need to by by the ocean(the Pacific is very cold in winter so you'd be walking/biking sand play but not swimming at that time) then you could look at the Bayfront Hilton or the Marriott Marquis in our downtown bayfront or perhaps the Manchester Hyatt there too.

Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving

Thank you I will look at all the suggestions I figured too we won't be swimming but who wants to pass on looking at the beautiful pacific

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving

>>>200-350 a night prefer higher rated hotel for better service like room service spa etc<<<

You might get one of the 4* hotels in Downtown San Diego on the bayfront in your budget range since they are mostly business hotels and Thanksgiving is a dead week in business travel. Those hotels are the Hilton Bayfront, Marriott Marquis and Manchester Grand Hyatt.

I can't imagine you can get beach front at $350.

Reply to: Thanksgiving
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted