We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach area hotel ?

Cloquet, Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach area hotel ?

First time to San Diego .. couple mid 40's, looking for nice beach hotel with some activity around 200/night.. also planning day trip to Coronado island and some coastal sight seeing .. going sept 28 for 5 days .. recommendations please

16 replies to this topic
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach area hotel ?

We are also looking at travelling with teens next summer from the uk and are looking at the mission bay/beach area for beaches cycling and downtown at night. There are sooo many hotels that I dont know where to start. Help!!!

Cloquet, Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach area hotel ?

Thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,925 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach area hotel ?

@ melanie,

Please start your own question.

You have different needs than the ones we are talking about in this thread.

Just click on Ask a Question on the top of this page.

Start by telling us how much you wish to spend in USA $$s and the sorts of amenities you need.

Then we can help you more specifically.

Cloquet, Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach area hotel ?

Do you know anything about La Jolla cove hotel ?

San Diego
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach area hotel ?

If you are going to spend time at the beach on Coronado - then it can be a full day's worth of activities. Will you be doing some water sports such as paddle boarding or kayak? Biking around? Eating? Checking out the Hotel Del, etc. I can easily spend a day in Coronado or a half day - just depends on you. Agree it is a 5 minute drive over the bridge and then another few minutes to the beach area which is on the other side of the "island".....not 20 minutes.Even when I lived in East County - I could leave my front door - drive to Coronado dog beach and be there in under 20 minutes.

Cloquet, Minnesota
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Beach area hotel ?

Thanks for info .. we're pretty good at winging it .. sounds like we'll plan a day and see what or how much we end up doing

Reply to: Beach area hotel ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted