We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

Toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

Hi all,

I have tickets to the March 18th shuttle launch at Kennedy Space Center visitor complex. The launch is at 1:34pm, however, it says to be there by 7am! I am travelling with my wife an 17 month old... we are planning on spending March 17th in the area and then see the launch the next day.

Question #1: What would be a better hotel location? Cocoa Beach or Titusville? How far is Kennedy Space Center from either location (timewise).

Question #2: Only hotel that has availability is the Super 8... there are mixed reviews. Anyone have any thoughts on this hotel?

Thanks for your help!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

I am not seeing a March 18th launch. nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

Toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

Hi Wings,

They changed the launch today... it's now 1st week of April...

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

I just posted a TR about my shuttle experience 2 weeks ago. Feel free to PM me if you want. I can answer some of your questions if you are still coming since those tickets are nonrefundable ;(

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

Titusville is closer to KSC than Cocoa Beach. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, and really enjoyed it (all the reviews were XLNT!), but I understand they book out to the media. There are a lot of little motels there in town, so you might be able to find something if you do a yellowpages search for Titusville. Enjoy!!

5. Re: Hotel location to Kennedy Space Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Titusville