We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
Save Topic
New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

A new block of Hamilton tickets is being released for performances from January 15 through May 19 2019.

General onsale begins Monday May 21 at 10am ET.

Buying tickets when a new block goes on sale is the best way to get "regular" (non-premium) Hamilton seats without paying over face value.

Note: there is a verified fan presale beginning tomorrow (Friday) but the deadline to register has passed.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
8 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
20,707 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

Thanks for posting this info! We're seeing it (again) next weekend, might have to pick up tix for early 2019, too

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

I was selected for the first round of the pre-sale beginning this morning at 10am. I have my eyes on rear mezzanine tickets this time, which are always sold out by the time I get a chance. I hope they have the map available to choose from, as I like specific seats, and that hasn't been the case on the sales I've been a part of before.

Curious to see what the prices will be - I'm wondering if the premium orchestra seats have come down from $849?

Buying face value tickets is the way to go (if possible, of course). If I was keen to see Hamilton, I would plan my trip around the purchase of those tickets rather than plan the trip first. The savings might be enough to pay for hotel or spending for a weekend.

Edited: 18 May 2018, 19:02
Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

mcwhippet, good luck with the presale! Hope you'll report back that you got the tickets you want.

Unfortunately I don't think it's likely that the map will be available when the presale starts.

I'm sitting this one out - my friend has invited me to see it on tour at the Kennedy Center in June.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

Got 'em! Rear Mezzanine - Row A - Center - Seats 103 and 104 -> would have preferred to be on the aisle, but well, can't win them all!

Tickets for that section were $199 again - I didn't look at the other sections.

New this time was the option to have tickets on my mobile phone. It only gave me that option, and will call.(Those were the two Canadian options.) No option to print my tickets at home.

Mentioned in this post
Row NYC Hotel
Row NYC Hotel
22,245 Reviews
New York City, NY
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,780 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

Its really worth it to register as a Verified Fan,we got great seats for Hamilton today, we got tickets for Springsteen this way and its not like you have to do much special. Just register in advance and you get a code. I had been told that whether or not you got a code depended on your spending history with Ticketmaster but that is totally false.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

Mcwhippet: why did you want rear mezzanine? I didn't try for that in the presale and now wonder if I should have.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

Two reasons I went for those seats (1) Save money. I've been to see it twice, so didn't feel the need to sit up in the orchestra, was willing to compromise to save some $$. (2) Leg room. That first row of the rear mezzanine has a curtain rather than a low wall at the front, so you can stretch out your legs a bit. There is so little room in those Richard Rodgers seats, that having that little bit of leg room makes a big difference. (I'm fairly tall. Not nearly as tall as some of the men that I see jammed into those little seats, but still!) I was willing to give up a bit of view for the leg room.

I sat in almost the same seats the first time I went, and thought it was great. Had to buy those ones at resale prices though. I love the view of the choreography from up there. Didn't really feel like I missed out at all.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019

Thank you - good to know! Especially the info about leg room.

Reply to: New block of Hamilton tickets for Jan 15-May 19 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted