We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hairspray

england
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
hairspray

anyone seen the show any comments?

Dallas
Level Contributor
72 posts
1. Re: hairspray

I took my three daughters in June. They are 18, 21, 23. We all loved it!! Would see it again..

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: hairspray

Agree with the previous poster, lots of funny, excellent show!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: hairspray

Very fun, brightly-colored show with catchy tunes and mild message that racial segregration in the 1960s "was bad".

england
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: hairspray

is it worth the $100 or can you get it cheaper from the theatre on the day?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
654 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: hairspray

Its worth more then $100.00 You coming from england with a strong currency, you're not realLy paying $100.

I live in las vegas, I wish some of the great shows I've went to charged $100! That's cheap here.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: hairspray

See if any discounts are available on www.broadwaybox.com, www.playbill.com or www.theatermania.com

All are free to join.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,198 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: hairspray

Not one of my favorites, but everyone has different taste. There are some discounts available but they expire soon. Look here

broadwaybox.com/shows/hairspray_nyc_tickets.…

I think Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is much more entertaining. Discounts available for that as well.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: hairspray

I went with 3 other females, ages 21 to 69, and we all loved it. I got tickets with a discount code, and I think they were $65, plus the taxes and fees. I just had dinner with 8 people that had gone to see Hairspray here in town (the touring company)tonight, and every one of them thought it was great. I don't think you can go wrong with this one!

manchester
Level Contributor
114 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: hairspray

yes, definately highly recommend it, went last week and really enjoyed it. The show is well produced, entertaining and engaging from start to finish - no lulls or wobbly bits like you get with some shows.

We had huge debates before our trip about which 2 shows to see and were really happy with our choices (also saw Fiddler). booked 65 dollar tickets about a month before via broadwaybox (as recommended many times on this site, thanks!) which were excellent seats.