We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halal Cart

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
6 reviews
Halal Cart

I don't know if I am reading my notes wrong, or what.....the really good Halal Cart ...53rd and 6th........is not open until 7:30 PM? Looking fo something for lunch........any great street stuff? Same general area.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,618 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Halal Cart

http://streetvendor.org/vendys/past

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Halal Cart

The famous cart is on the SW corner of 53rd and 6th from 730pm-4am. During the day, a different cart is in that same spot. It's known as the "impostor cart," because people suspect they try to fool passersby into thinking that they are affiliated with the famous cart. They aren't.

That said, the cart on the SE corner of 53rd and 6th, which is there during the day, IS affiliated with the famous one. How to tell them apart here:

midtownlunch.com/2009/…

midtownlunch.com/2007/…

Truthfully, though, I'm not sure in a blind taste test I could discriminate between them.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,459 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Halal Cart

I've never eaten at the "real" cart but have eaten from others. They're all over now and you'll do fine at any of them.

Jersey City
Level Contributor
118 posts
4. Re: Halal Cart

I agree, you really can't tell the difference between the two carts, and I'm pretty sure I've seen the guy from the morning cart over by the night cart before..if you do go at night be prepared to wait on long lines. A group of us got there just as they were setting up so we were first one line, within 10 minutes the line was nearly wrapping around the block.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Halal Cart

I guess I have only eaten at the imposter..........and it will work again tomorrow, I guess!!! thanks all!!

6. Re: Halal Cart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 14:28