We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

We are arriving Las Vegas Nov. 7 at 9:30 pm and heading straight for St. George to spend the night (which I already asked about making the drive at night) . First thing in the morning we are heading for Bryce. I got an idea from another thread to go via Cedar Breaks. Because of the short daylight hours at that time of year, I really just want to drive through Cedar Breaks and maybe stop at a few viewpoints. Are most viewpoints pull-ups or short walks? It doesn’t appear to be a hiking park. I just want to get to Bryce in time to do some hiking and enjoy the sunset as we will leave after viewing the sunrise the next morning for Zion. I thought Cedar Breaks would be a nice scenic detour that doesn’t add a lot of time.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

Kolob Canyons had a sign telling you to go into the visitor center to show your pass or pay your fee. I'm not sure when it opened , probably 8am. I was out early to beat the September crowds.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,544 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

As long as its this St George Inn off of Bluff St on S Main Street...its a good place to stay. Basic but clean, and usually a good price. Its also situated close walking distance to the Black Bear Diner which has really good basic food, and great service. And if you have a hankering for something sweet, Kneaders Bakery and Cafe just up the street has wondeful desserts.

http://www.stgeorgeinnhotel.com/

Edited: 03 October 2015, 03:59
Reply to: St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cedar City