We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

Historic Corydon...
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

We are arriving Las Vegas Nov. 7 at 9:30 pm and heading straight for St. George to spend the night (which I already asked about making the drive at night) . First thing in the morning we are heading for Bryce. I got an idea from another thread to go via Cedar Breaks. Because of the short daylight hours at that time of year, I really just want to drive through Cedar Breaks and maybe stop at a few viewpoints. Are most viewpoints pull-ups or short walks? It doesn’t appear to be a hiking park. I just want to get to Bryce in time to do some hiking and enjoy the sunset as we will leave after viewing the sunrise the next morning for Zion. I thought Cedar Breaks would be a nice scenic detour that doesn’t add a lot of time.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
12 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

Kolob Canyons had a sign telling you to go into the visitor center to show your pass or pay your fee. I'm not sure when it opened , probably 8am. I was out early to beat the September crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Kolob Canyons
Kolob Canyons
549 Reviews
Zion National Park, UT
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8

As long as its this St George Inn off of Bluff St on S Main Street...its a good place to stay. Basic but clean, and usually a good price. Its also situated close walking distance to the Black Bear Diner which has really good basic food, and great service. And if you have a hankering for something sweet, Kneaders Bakery and Cafe just up the street has wondeful desserts.

http://www.stgeorgeinnhotel.com/

Edited: 03 October 2015, 03:59
Reply to: St. George to Bryce via Cedar Breaks Nov. 8
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cedar City