We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crabs in Astoria

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Crabs in Astoria

Is there a place where I can get a dungenuss crab and sit outside and eat it? I am looking for a place similar to what they have in the Northeast where you can get a lobster from the lobster pound and then go outside and eat it.

thanks!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,958 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crabs in Astoria

I know what you mean - there are a couple of places in Newport like that - but although I've been to Astoria many times, I don't think I've seen that sort of place there.

You might try emailing the local Chamber of Commerce:

visitors@oldoregon.com

In Cannon Beach, there is Ecola Seafoods which has several tables outside in a courtyard as well as the front porch. They should have true fresh crab:

http://www.ecolaseafoods.com/

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crabs in Astoria

You didn't say when you will be in Astoria, but the weekend of April 29-May 1 is the crab/seafood/wine festival you might enjoy. Chuck...

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crabs in Astoria

Thank you so much. We will be in Cannon Beach overnight on the 18th of April and Astoria for two days on April 19/20.

I had planned on eating at Doogers or Driftwood when we were in Cannon Beach but now I will switch to Ecola Seafoods.

Level Contributor
35,742 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crabs in Astoria

While in Astoria, check out The Bowpicker, they have great Albacore Tuna fish n chips there. It is right across from the Maritime Museum, they have a couple of picnic tables set up outside where you can eat.

Here in Seaside where I am, we like to go to Bell Bouy and get their Prawn or Shrimp Cocktails and take them to the cove where there are picnic tables and watch the ocean waves. I just returned from a couple of hours down there,, it's beautiful here on the Oregon Coast today! :)

Edited: 09 April 2011, 07:09
5. Re: Crabs in Astoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Astoria