We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver City advice / recommendations

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
Save Topic
Silver City advice / recommendations

DH and I are planning a trip to NM in December. We will be driving from Tucson to Silver City and spending 1 night there. After visiting Santa Fe and ABQ, we will be returning to Silver City for 2 more nights.

We would like to visit Gila Cliff Dwellings, maybe City of Rocks SP, as well as museums in town.

Would the cliff dwellings be a full day trip - how bad is the road there (from what I have read, it is quite narrow and winding). What about road conditions in December?

Is City of Rocks SP worthwhile visiting?

Also looking for advice on somewhere to stay - either a B & B or hotel would be okay - would like to be able to walk to downtown.

Anything else I should need to know, don't hesitate to add it in.

Thanks!

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Silver City advice / recommendations

The restaurant at the intersection of NM15 and NM 35 is the Breathe Inn (formerly the Grey Feathers Lodge). About 5 miles east on NM35 is Spirit Canyon Lodge; they have a German cook who makes German specialties on Saturdays.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Silver City advice / recommendations

That's it Mitch, the Breathe Inn, thanks. Again, it's surprisingly good.

Have a good holiday season.

13. Re: Silver City advice / recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2010, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Silver City