We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In SC for a month-long visit in July 2010

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
In SC for a month-long visit in July 2010

We plan to reach Ecuador with our sailboat in early June 2010 (we're cruising Central America now) & we plan to get off the boat & revisit Silver for about a month in July 2010. We'll be looking for a 1-month rental of a bungalow/small house/whatever in the downtown or near-downtown area of SC, that we can use as a base for rockhounding, hiking & touring the surrounding terrain. Our question to Mitch & anyone else who's in the know: is there still a gym in downtown SC that's operational - there was one the last time we visited; I recollect it was on the main drag?

Plus, does anyone have personal experience (good or bad) with anyone offering 1-month rentals in SC, so that we might narrow our search for lodging?

Thanks, y'all!

Marianne & Gary, s/v Gallant Fox, currently in El Salvador

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In SC for a month-long visit in July 2010

Marianne & Gary:

1. Yes, Diamonds Gym is still open and operating downtown on Bullard St. (the main drag).

2. I know of a bungalow for rent, but I will have to check with friends for contact info to pass on to you. I've seen the place and know of folks who have rented it recently for several weeks and were very satisfied.

Stay tuned...

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In SC for a month-long visit in July 2010

Thanks, Mitch - you're a pal!

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In SC for a month-long visit in July 2010

I'll send you a PM with contact info for the owner of the bungalow.

4. Re: In SC for a month-long visit in July 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Silver City