We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Initerary help

Aligarh, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Initerary help

Hello....

I am planning Kerala trip with my elderly parents in December..My initial initerary was

Day 1....arrive Cochin by evening flight....overbite stay in Cochin

Day 2....Cochin to munnar transfer....sightseeing

Day 3....Munnar local sight seeing

Day 4....munnar to thekady....thekady sight seeing

Day 5....thekady to allepey... Allepey sight seeing

Day 6....early morning departure from allepey to Cochin to catch morning flight at 10 am

Now....I am planning to skip thekady as it involves lot of daily travelling with elderly parents and there is not much to do in thekady apart from boating....

So ..my new initerary is to skip thekady and add ...

1 more day at allepey.....OR

1 day at kuarokom......OR..

1 day kochin sight seeing( preferably last day)

Please suggest....HELP....

ALSO...,if I am skipping thekady I'll be going to allepey directly from munnar... Will that journey be too hectic....??

7 replies to this topic
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
217 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Initerary help

Day 1: Kochi.

Day 2,3: Munnar.

Day 4: Kumarakom or Alleppey.

Day 5: Marari Beach.

Day 6: return from Kochi

Aligarh, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Initerary help

Where is marari beach...near to Cochin or allepey..??

I have no idea

Edited: 16 October 2017, 14:55
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Initerary help

Dear Sir,

The second given will be the best option.

1 night stay in Cochin, 2 Nights in Munnar, 1 Night in Kumarakom and 1 Night stay in Alleppy

So that you can reduce the time of Travel. As December is the peak season Thekkady will be rushing

For further details contact us.

Team Irine Holidays

Aligarh, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Initerary help

Is it possible to skip kumarokom and spend last day at Cochin with Cochin sight seeing....plus it would be easier to catch flight from kochi

Anand, India
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Initerary help

I suggest last night at Fort kochi. In alleppey after day cruise night stay can be done at marari Beach. Kumarakom will be relaxed stay after long journey from munnar and other advantage is next day morning you can proceed to alleppey for houseboat trip. Kumarakom to alleppey is one hour drive. I did the same in last week. I checked in at kumarakom after four hours drive from thekkady. I started my drive after boating at periyar Lake and reached Kuma at 15:00 IST. There was a stop for lunch in between.

Anand, India
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Initerary help

I suggest last night at Fort kochi. In alleppey after day cruise night stay can be done at marari Beach. Kumarakom will be relaxed stay after long journey from munnar and other advantage is next day morning you can proceed to alleppey for houseboat trip. Kumarakom to alleppey is one hour drive. I did the same in last week. I checked in at kumarakom after four hours drive from thekkady. I started my drive after boating at periyar Lake and reached Kuma at 15:00 IST. There was a stop for lunch in between.

Kumarakom, India
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Initerary help

The tour operators in Kerala giving, best tour package to enjoy these 6 days. As you said you can cover all places you mentioned by these days. The tour packages starting by pick up from Cochin to dropping in Cochin last day include accommodation, food, sightseeing etc. For more details, Visit: https://goo.gl/81jW28

Edited: 21 October 2017, 15:05
Reply to: Initerary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alappuzha