We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extra charges when booking through agoda

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
extra charges when booking through agoda

does anyone know if the advertised price on the net is the final price with agoda or are there additional prices ,thanks

26 replies to this topic
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

They put on additional tax, so choose your property on the site, go through to book it and you'll get a total price. If you don't want to proceed, just use the Back button on your browser.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

Agoda has beautiful layouts but I Have almost never had a successful booking with them.

I am naturally suspicious of any vendor who will not give you a fixed price. You get Agoda member discounts/ cash backs/ tax just before you pay with your credit card.

I would have thought that a company that size would tell you how much the room costs right up front. Love their pictures and layouts though.

IMHO.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,961 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

agoda offer some very good prices, so to do a lot of other online agents. choose your hotel and check a number of these agents and compare costs. Always check the terms and conditions.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

Hotels.com are offering 10% discount on all hotels at the moment, book by May 11, travel to Jan 12,

Code is 837721

First time I tried to use a code I couldn't find where to put it - it is at the top of the booking page, but don't worry cos I just rang them and they credited my card!!

Hotels.com are the same as Expedia. The prices they show include taxes. and they don't charge a cancellation fee, Agoda charge USD25 (but the hotel might charge a fee but this is stated before you pay)

Hope this helps

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

I use Agoda quite a lot and have never had a problem booking with them. In fact I booked something only 2 days ago with them. Their loyalty scheme is pretty good, allowing you money off future bookings. You just need to be aware that the initial price you see excludes tax, that's pretty much it.

But, it's a buyers market so trawl other sites. I like Wego.com, which searches multiple hotel and booking sites (including Hotels.com and Agoda), so you don't have to do that much work. Asiarooms is also okay.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

i used agoda in when i went to bali in january stayed at puri santrian the where by far the cheapest for that resort was $92 aus per nite had to book extra night due to flight changes booked direct with resort $121 aus for extra night no problem with agoda booking

cebu
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

I booked at Agoda last monday but i did not receive my voucher. When i checked my debit card, it has been charged but Agoda denied that they charged me. They said because of system malfunction they couldn't reserve my booking. but my debit card has been charged and i have the transaction reference without a room.

I feel like they have screwed my hard earned money big time! Ive communicated with Agoda but they denied the charging.. I will never ever use agoda again and i highly suggest use booking.com instead. I've used it many times and never had any problems like this..

im a very disappointed first time and last time AGODA user. Refund my money!

Kim

Edited: 17 April 2014, 20:23
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

There is no,point demanding Agoda refund your money here.

Take it up with that company .

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

Kim, booking.com and Agoda are owned by the same company (Priceline).

I've been using Agoda for years and never had any problems. I've also used Asiarooms and hotels.com but keep coming back to Agoda, probably because their layout is the best. And, as HNB mentioned, they have a handy points reward system.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: extra charges when booking through agoda

Always found them good. I have booked 4 trips with them so far this year and all are fine. I have just booked AGODA again for June hope it stays fine.

Reply to: extra charges when booking through agoda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Negara
Recent Conversations
More Negara Topics