We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medewi accommodation on the surf beach?

Victoria
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Medewi accommodation on the surf beach?

Please help...we are planning a trip to Medewi next week and want to be right on the beach...where my husband can surf. We don't want to be a drive or long walk away. From reading the other posts...there are mixed feelings about the beach cottages...is there something else in the same proximity but maybe a bit more comfortable. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Medewi
Medewi
Bali, Indonesia
3 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medewi accommodation on the surf beach?

Never stayed here but thought the faciliies were great

http://www.surfen-ohne-en.de/en/camp.html

the Brown Sugar Surf School also has access to this house

http://www.chillhouse-medewi.com/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medewi accommodation on the surf beach?

Have a look at Balian, its got great waves and the beach is far more pleasant than the beach at Medewi. We stayed at Pondok Pitaya which is beach front at Balian and had a great time. Let your husband know that Balian and Medewi are both open to the full effects of the swell so both places get very big waves on any sort of swell and can be affected by the wet season NW winds and the SE tradewinds. If Legian and Canggu are flat, Balian and Medewi will both still have decent waves. I enjoyed surfing both places but both surf breaks are usually best in the early morning before the wind or in light winds and start your paddling practice cause both require looong paddles.

Mentioned in this post
Medewi
Medewi
Bali, Indonesia
Victoria
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medewi accommodation on the surf beach?

Great.....thanks for all that 20colin35, and Gren......Colin, my husband is over 50 and a long boarder..would you still say Balian has the better wave for him (as a long boarder)....Thanks

Reply to: Medewi accommodation on the surf beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Negara
Recent Conversations