We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks in Madison

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks in Madison

Any tips on where to watch Fireworks in Madison?

Doesn't have to be the biggest display...would rather have easy parking and walking.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
481 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks in Madison

Hi- Which day? Many in the area actually happen before the 4th like the Madison events: shake the lake, and elver park. Probably the closest on the actual 4th is Monona.

fireworksinwisconsin.com/by-county/dane/

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks in Madison

Didn't Elver Park used to be on the 4th? And what the heck happened to Rhythm and Booms? I assume that Blackhawk Country Club doesn't do them any more. They were the easiest to get to for me on the Fourth. And it looks like DeForest is having some on the 4th as well. http://www.vi.deforest.wi.us/index.asp?Type=B_EV&SEC={7DBD8F1C-7CED-4B97-9605-C451AB6A3F09}&DE={330460B0-7A68-4476-ACE2-0BB02698516B}

What is up with having them the week before the Fourth anyway? I can understand when the Fourth is not well coordinated with the weekend, but good grief! :(

Pam

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
481 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks in Madison

Pam- Rhythm and Booms moved out of Warner park last year and onto Lake Monona. Then they didn't have enough money to do it this year. But, there is now "Shake the Lake" which has new sponsors.

For some reason Elver Park is now on the 2nd. Maybe with the city of Monona's festival on the 4th, they want to spread the fireworks out?

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
955 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks in Madison

It's so the local communities, like Monona and DeForest, can raise much-needed funds with their community festivals on the 4th. And why NOT have fireworks on three nights? I love that idea.

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks in Madison

Any suggestions for a place to park to see Monona fireworks without actually going to Winnequah Park? We have two little kiddos who may not make it the whole time--usually have early bed times! :-)

6. Re: Fireworks in Madison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 12:17