We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taliesin Tour

Estacada, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taliesin Tour

My husband and I are traveling to Madison in late Sept. and considering a tour of Taliesin in Spring Green. I was a bit surprised when I took a look at the cost of a home tour $50.-$55. per person. We visited Fallingwater in May and as I recalled paid $25. I am wondering if anyone has taken the tour. For this price I'd like to know if folks think it is worth it. Do you see the whole house?, learn about the history, get to tour the grounds? Your feedback would be appreciated.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,367 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taliesin Tour

Funny as it sounds I live in Wisconsin. I've visited Fallingwater, but I've never visited Taliesin. My understanding is Taliesin includes Wright's working studio, so it may be a different experience from Fallingwater.

Have you looked at the Trip Advisor reviews? They are very positive. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60294-d10…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taliesin Tour

It's always been pricey. I wish I had done it when I was there. I think that the tour does encompass more than touring one of his works. BTW you could go to the First Unitarian Society for church on Sunday to see one. They don't meet in the original meeting room anymore, but, I am sure that there are tours.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,265 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taliesin Tour

We took the Highlights tour which is only $5 more but includes the Hillside School which was a wonderful addition to the home.

The tours are the same length. I have no idea what they would include in the home tour for that extra time since we saw the main part of the home and the studio. Perhaps just more in depth information. But taking the Highlights tour enabled us to see more of the estate which we were so glad to have included.

I debated long and hard about taking the tour, but felt our tour was very well done and worthwhile.

I see I did not do a review, quite possibly because I did not feel I could add anything new to those already written. I'd take a look through them to get a feel for what you'll get.

Edited: 08 August 2015, 05:06
4. Re: Taliesin Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2016, 12:16