We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Service

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Service

I will be traveling to Madison next week and looking for a reliable taxi service to get me to Verona and to the airport. Can anyone recommend one?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
487 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Service

We usually use Madison Taxi, although Union Cab has also been reliable. Our only bad experience was with a trip from home to the airport with Badger Cab- we made a reservation, they didn't show and we had to drive ourselves at the very last minute.

If you are staying in a hotel, you can also check as they may have a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport or other locations.

If taking a taxi, when you arrive at the airport (I think that is how you are coming), there will be a taxi cue, and generally you will just take the first one available. At certain times, there have been more people in the cue than taxis (usually at times like right after football games or during bad weather). If that happens, may be asked to share, which will make your ride longer since you will likely drop off other people first, but also cheaper. In that situation, you have to decide whether the risk of waiting for more cabs outweighs the longer ride.

Also, I have found that taxi drivers around here are generally more chatty than anywhere else I have ever been.

Enjoy your visit.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Service

Thank you for the information. Looking forward to visiting my son!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Service

I used to always call Union first and then Madison. I never had any trouble catching flights. They will ask your destination so tell them that you are catching a flight and give them the boarding time.

Pam

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,071 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Service

Last few trips I've used Uber and it's worked great.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Service

I use Union or Green cab. Green cab is more affordable, but I always use Union for airport transport. They are always on time.Hope you have a great time in Madison!

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
6. Re: Taxi Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2016, 12:19
;