We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madison airport

San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Topic
Madison airport

I've heard the airport in Madison is very small. Can big planes land at this airport? Do major airlines come there or is it just for smaller commuter planes for this airport? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
836 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madison airport

A few years ago we flew from Madison to Orlando, nonstop, via Frontier. We normally fly from Milwaukee, but flew from Madison because of using frequent flier miles. Madison airport was smaller and easier to navigate, but it did accommodate large planes (737s, md80s or similar). When we flew to Orlando the flight was only a few days a week, not everyday during March or April. Compare prices with Madison and Milwaukee and see which works better for you.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Madison airport

Thank you. Appreciated.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madison airport

Madison (MSN) can accommodate any size aircraft, is a full service airport, and is served by American, Delta, Frontier, and United with more than 90 arrivals/departures to 11 hubs.

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madison airport

Madison's airport is great. For years I flew out of Madison as a Platinum level American Airlines passenger. The staff were friendly, the security is manageable and unless it's all gone down hill in the last couple of years, there is even some good food and excellent Ancora coffee. I now fly out of LaGuardia or JFK. Sigh.

And while there are some large planes that fly in and out of MSN, there are also a lot of regional jets. I like the regional jets. I was either flying them on a quick hop to Chicago where I connected or they were letting me fly nonstop to Dallas, Denver and even LGA. :)

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Denver
Denver
Colorado
San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Madison airport

Thanks for the information. Great help.

San Francisco...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Madison airport

Thanks for the information.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madison airport

http://www.msnairport.com/

8. Re: Madison airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2016, 13:16