We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants near overture center

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants near overture center

We are going to see wicked this weekend and was looking for a restaurant near there. My son and girlfriend are vegetarians but my husbands wants his meat lol! Any suggestions would be

appreciated. Thank you

Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants near overture center

Do you want fancy sit down or a casual setting? Are you walking from 1 of the downtown hotels?

Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants near overture center

http://m.greatdanepub.com/location/downtown

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants near overture center

Wherever you decide to go, you should probably call for reservations. The Coopers Tavern is close and good. Fresco is right at the Overture but is on the pricier side - good food. Across the street is Cento - fairly new, Italian and I've heard its on the pricier side but haven't been there. There is a new restaurant getting good reviews called Hamilton's on the Square. Francesca's al Lago is good. The Old Fashioned is kind of a supper club atmosphere. The Tornado Club has good steaks but is expensive. If you want to have a lake view you can go to Paisan's (Italian) but that would be a little further walk. There are lots more places (and it seems new restaurants popping up every week in the downtown area making it hard to keep up :)) A lot also depends how far you want to walk. Great Dane Pub is fairly good, but it is on the opposite corner of the Square and then down a block

Mentioned in this post
The Coopers Tavern
The Coopers Tavern
354 Reviews
Madison, WI
Cento
Cento
227 Reviews
Madison, WI
The Old Fashioned
The Old Fashioned
1,939 Reviews
Madison, WI
Paisan's
Paisan's
294 Reviews
Madison, WI
cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants near overture center

We will probably be driving to the theater and wanted to walk to a restaurant. No preference to fanciness but prefer a little nicer than college level bar eatery.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
486 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants near overture center

I haven't tried this place yet, but it is on our list.

http://www.estrellonrestaurant.com

And I second the advice about reservations!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants near overture center

Just an FYI, the Estrellon would be quite a hike and you would really want to drive there and then drive to the Overture.

Mentioned in this post
Estrellon
Estrellon
122 Reviews
Madison, WI
cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants near overture center

Thank you everyone!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
486 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants near overture center

Isn't Estrellon just around the corner from the Overture (at least it is on the map associated with the Tripadvisor page)?

Mentioned in this post
Estrellon
Estrellon
122 Reviews
Madison, WI
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants near overture center

Needstogetaway - you are correct, it is close to the Overture. I was thinking it was out on East Washington close to Sujeo. Glad you caught that!

10. Re: restaurants near overture center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2016, 12:17
;