We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train transfer

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Train transfer

hi

i am travelling to fiss, austria for summer holidays and i am taking a plane from london to zurich can anyone advise me how to get from zurich to landeck in austria (i have a taxi from landeck to fiss)

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Train transfer

Why do you want to stay at the airport if you can tour a nice city? By the way, your train to Austria departs from Zurich Main Station, so you must go there in any case.

Mentioned in this post
Austria
Austria
Europe
Zurich
Zurich
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Train transfer

i dont want to stay in the actual airport but i want to stay in the area of the station

so your advice is....go first to the main station and then go to...?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Train transfer

....then store your bags, walk through Zurich and return to the train station....

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Train transfer

do the direct trains at 14.20 make a stop anywhere so i can the first train to somewhere nice on the way and then go with the 14.20 train from wherever i am direct to landeck

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,357 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Train transfer

>do the direct trains at 14.20 make a stop anywhere so i can the first train to somewhere nice on the way and then go with the 14.20 train from wherever i am direct to landeck

The trains make many stops, some of them are actually quite nice, but what you want to do would only work with a full price ticket, not with a discounted one. Discounted tickets only work for the one selected connection.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Train transfer

What's wrong with Zurich? For me it is an interesting place to wait for a train. The train station is right in the center, you can quickly reach the lake or walk through the center. And then you can take the direct train to Landeck.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Train transfer

what does a discounted ticket mean and how do i get it?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,357 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Train transfer

>what does a discounted ticket mean

A ticket that is cheaper than the standard price.

>and how do i get it?

By booking well in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Train transfer

what will be the difference in price and how do i book it in advance and is it flexible for other trains and what happens if i miss the train i booked on?

also is there a weekly or daily ticket etc.? and is it worthwhile buying?

20. Re: Train transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl
Recent Conversations