We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

switzerland

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
switzerland

can anyone tellme which meat is premited to bring into switzerland?

and is cooked meat allowed?

also what if i land in zurich but am not staying in switzerland but continuing my journey by train to austria. is it any better/easier?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,522 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: switzerland

Where are you bringing the meat from? Are you planning to import in bulk? :) Obviously they might frown at something like bushmeat, but food produced within the EU can be imported and exported as you wish, within reason.

I'm intrigued about your 'large amount of frozen foods meats' tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g608670-i11691-k37…

I'm sure there are no restrictions, but you'd have to ask on the Switzerland forum to make sure. Otherwise whatever you managed to bring into Switzerland can be brought into Austria with no problem - there are no border controls as it is Schengen.

BTW they sell high quality meat - fresh, frozen and cooked in both Switzerland and Austria. If you need it for religious requirements (Kosher/halal) then I am sure you can get it there as well.

Mentioned in this post
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,453 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: switzerland

The amount of meat you are allowed to bring into Switzerland is pretty limited - I think between 1 and 2 kg per person. Otherwise, quite high customs fees apply.

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: switzerland

it sound good

i am planning to bring with frozen cooked meaty meals for a couple for 12 days

4. Re: switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl
Recent Conversations