We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where could I trial demo skis?

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
where could I trial demo skis?

Hi,

we're going to Ischgl for new year skiing. My own skis are broken and its time to replace them, but rather than buy without trying, does anyone know any shops and contacts that would let me demo a few different pairs to make sure I buy the right thing. Since new year is a very busy time I'd like to try and book up before I get there, so email contact would be ideal.

Thanks

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where could I trial demo skis?

Check the town website

www.ischgl.com

list of many ski shops available-

You come at a busy time - my impression would be that few places are willing to provide a good pair of demo skis then.You have a better chance to test skis without a hassle by renting a premium type ski -

I have gotten demo skis at smaller resorts and at less busy times not not certain this would work in Ischgl at that time.

One larger shop Intersport

www.intersport-mathoy.at

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,308 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where could I trial demo skis?

Generally when a resort has Test days it tends to be early season and then you can try all sorts. To be honest I can't say I've ever seen a ski-test day or even demo skis (but I have at other resorts as Vertical mentioned) in Ischgl and I am there a number of times in the season from December thru til Easter every season.

Depends where your staying but when I was renting stuff for my kids always used Sport-Adler.

www.sport-adler.com

Not far from the Silvretta Bergbahn. The intersport shop mentioned above is less than 5 minutes from Sport Adler.

These 2 aren't so convenient if you are staying at the other end of town.

As mentioned above probably best to rent a pair.

Best to do a bit of research first to see what you're interested in and go armed with that info. A days hire is going to cost you €30+ for premium skis

Top skis ate Intersport over €40

Let's face it you are not going to get the best price buying ski's in a resort either

Why not checkout prices in the UK then compare with Austrian retailers to see if you are getting a decent price or not.

Even try ebay.de or ebay.at to see what models/prices as some smaller retailers use ebay as online shop (got my sons Atomics and Daughters K2's this way)

3. Re: where could I trial demo skis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Ischgl
Recent Conversations