We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mesa Airlines booking problems

Which Kailua-Kona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mesa Airlines booking problems

I can't comment on the quality of Mesa flights or service, since we were unable to book an Orbitz-advertised flight/hotel package with them, Despite repeated attempts (by us & Orbitz customer service) to book that flight, Mesa repeatedly failed to confirm the reservations, yet for each failed transaction Mesa tried to charge our credit card. We were notified of this by an alert from our credit card fraud unit, since our credit card would have come close to reaching it's credit limit, had the charges actually gone through. We spent hours on the phone with Orbitz & the credit card company, but in the end the real culprit was Mesa Airlines. While it appears that Mesa was not in any way attempting to commit fraud, regarding these repeated (failed) attempts, Mesa's online booking system failed miserably, & not even several hours of Orbitz customer service intervention succeeded in booking this flight, forcing us to choose another (more expensive) package with Hawaiian Airlines. In the future, if we have any other choice at all, never again will we book a Mesa flight out of Honolulu.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,454 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mesa Airlines booking problems

Usually the difference in price is around $10 between GO! and Hawaiian or Island Air.. For lots of reasons I would only use GO! if they were the only one flying to where I want to go. Luckily they never are.

2. Re: Mesa Airlines booking problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:17