We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dog friendly hotel in kennesaw

innerkip, on
Level Contributor
244 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
dog friendly hotel in kennesaw

We are heading back to Ontario from Florida and plan on spending Sunday night in the kennesaw georgia area. Does anyone have any ideas for CLEAN dog-friendly hotel in that area? Also any good parks for letting the dog have a run?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dog friendly hotel in kennesaw

I live in Kennesaw but don't really know the hotels. A good park would be the recently opened Swift-Cantrell Park. If you take the Wade Green Rd exit off I-75 (going north) turn left and go to the third traffic signal, turn right on Jiles Rd, take Jiles to Old 41 (just past Kennesaw Elementary School) and take a right, the park is right there on your right. It's over seven acres, used to be cow pasture. Now it's a nice big park with walking trails.

Mentioned in this post
Kennesaw
Kennesaw
Georgia
Swift-Cantrell Park
Swift-Cantrell Park
200 Reviews
Kennesaw, GA
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dog friendly hotel in kennesaw

I checked on dogfriendlyhotels.org, and there is a list of about 10 national chain hotels that came up for Kennesaw, GA.(Days Inn, Red Roof, Fairfield, LaQuinta and Quality Inn are examples) Most are in the Barrett Parkway/Town Center Mall area.

Right off the same exit is Kennesaw Mtn National Park which has great trails for hiking and dog walking. We take our dog there all the time and she loves it!

Mentioned in this post
Kennesaw
Kennesaw
Georgia
Town Center Mall
Town Center Mall
35 Reviews
Kennesaw, GA
innerkip, on
Level Contributor
244 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dog friendly hotel in kennesaw

Thanks for the great tips! I'll probably go for the LaQuinta as we have their membership - just am not keen after seeing some of the reviews here! Will keep our fingers crossed! Many thanks!

da50

4. Re: dog friendly hotel in kennesaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Kennesaw