We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake & Things to Do

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lake & Things to Do

Coming to Kennesaw for a few days. What is there to do on the lake? What is the best hotel? Any other things that are must see? It looks like most restaurants and hotels are near the college.

I will probably have a rental car.

Mentioned in this post
Kennesaw
Kennesaw
Georgia
Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake & Things to Do

I assume that you mean Lake Allatoona, it's really Acworth but that's right next to Kennesaw. It's mostly boating and fishing there, check out this website http://www.lakeallatoona.com/

Yes, the hotels are pretty much all on the Wade Green, Chastain, and Barrett Parkway exits. There's really not much difference between them as far as I can tell, I'd go with whatever is the best deal. Most of the newer restaurants are on Chastain Road. One I like a lot is Bahama Breeze on Barrett Parkway.

Mentioned in this post
Kennesaw
Kennesaw
Georgia
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake & Things to Do

also google red top mountain state park

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake & Things to Do

I agree to check out Red Top Mountain State Park.

Mentioned in this post
Red Top Mountain State Park
Red Top Mountain State...
302 Reviews
Cartersville, GA
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake & Things to Do

Park Marina located inside Red Top Mtn State Park has boat rentals. Also there is a nice little lodge at Red Top. If you want a little nightlife check out the Marietta Square, with some good restaurants and a few pubs.

Mentioned in this post
Marietta Square
Marietta Square
900 Reviews
Marietta, GA
5. Re: Lake & Things to Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2010, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Kennesaw