We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

new york
Level Contributor
138 posts
114 reviews
Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

Has anyone had experience with Lou Soloy? How does it compare to Garduliere? Any great recomendations for food

Isle sur sorgue...
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

Hi,

I suggest you have a look on this web site for recommendations for a place to stay and food

Regards

ESCARGOT

los angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
2. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

Regarding restaurants in L'Isle sur la sorgue: Go to Le Jardin du Quai. My husband and I went there last summer for dinner. We had taken a cooking class with the chef a few years ago in Avignon. He is amazing. It is a set menu which changes daily, whatever the chef wants to do. Simple fare, yet masterfully created in a lovely garden setting. One of the best meals I've ever had and I'm a big foodie. We are returning this summer only to eat there again.

Have not stayed in town, but this summer we will most likely stay at Lou Soloy for the night. What/where is Garduliere? Have you stayed there?

Good luck.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

Despite the latest review published on the Lou Soloy (the review is alright, don't worry), I recommend its restaurant. The dishes are wonderful, if you get the opportunity to taste any... As for the unlucky guy who could not, I would like to add (freely adapted from something, Phil Ochs said once):

"You don't smoke in church and you don't bring your own bottle of wine to a French restaurant"

(nor do you do that in Germany, btw.)

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
116 reviews
4. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

Monsterslayer - there is always an exception to the rule - you can take your own wine to the Hermitage Corton near Beaune in France:-)

... and in England smoking will be banned in enclosed spaces from 1 July 2007 including the church causing much debate on where the no smoking signs (as required by law) should be displayed -on the Hymn books or the vicar's surplus perhaps?

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

Alright, I stand corrected ;-) , as is always a pleasure, when you are surrounded by intelligent people (there is something like an optional wireless "parallel" Internet, which does not seem to be up and working most of the time. It was here, I think).

Cheerio.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

replace Phil Ochs by Pete Seeger. Sorry.

7. Re: Places to stay in L'Isle Sur la sorgue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue