We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas on where to stay

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas on where to stay

This village looks so lovely - I would like to find accommodation preferably in town or nearby (we will have a car). I am looking for 2 bedroom accommodation - with 2 actual bedrooms rather than a sofabed in the lounge and 1 bedroom.

My budget is around 170E per night for April 2009.

I do want something lovely - we stayed in a beautiful farmhouse in Tuscany (Il Borghetto) last year and it was so special that my family just want to go back there. But I am sure there are beautiful, reasonably priced 2 bedroom villas in Provence.

Any recommendations?

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas on where to stay

Hi Julesh !!

A beautiful area. Try the following link.

oti-delasorgue.fr/in-english/…

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas on where to stay

check out http://www.theluberon.com/1-2bed.htm

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas on where to stay

Thanks for the links but I didn't see anything quite right in this village.

Maybe I will have to look in another area. Pity!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,488 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas on where to stay

Oh without a doubt the Maison des Roses

avignon-et-provence.com/provence-vacation-re…

I would go back in a heartbeat. Beautiful accommodation just a minute walk from the centre, three bedrooms, two doubles and a single, parking outside the door, room to move. Divine. Serge, the owner is more than helpful.

You can check my blog though you will have to go back through it, for the bit on this place.

www.lynnbooth.blogspot.com

Do let me know what you think.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas on where to stay

I agree it looks fantastic.

Unfortunately, they were unavailable.Most places will only book Sat to Sat. I need Tues to Mon, and my flights can't be changed.

Pity this place looked perfect!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,488 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas on where to stay

How sad. Can you get anything else by Googling "accommodation L'Isle sur la sorgue"?

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas on where to stay

I think you will find it difficult to hire these sorts of places from Tuesday to Monday as most holiday lets are Saturday to Saturday.

Have a look in cheznous.com for a variety of houses, gites etc throughout Provence. These are all privately owned and you deal directly with the ovner- many English speaking. In the current economic climate you may find people willing to do a deal to get some income.

Good luck

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas on where to stay

Try this Bed and Breakfast

http://www.lescarmes.com/

Our friends stayed there last June and absolutely loved it. We are staying there in May 2009. It is very near the town and I have heard nothing but good things about it!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideas on where to stay

Thankyou for your suggestion.

I made a booking for Cote Provence B&B for the Senaque rooms.

It looks lovely and we are looking forward to the stay.

And best of all we will be staying near L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.

10. Re: Ideas on where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 21:21