We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa/ Gite rental

london
11 posts
Save Topic
Villa/ Gite rental

We are a group of 6 adults, 2 children and a baby and really want to stay within walking distance of Isle-sur-la Sorgue as we are not planning to hire a car (we really don't want to hire car as very happy to relax in villa and go for walks and into town as only for a week). We don't mind a villa, gite or B&B but must have at least 4 bedrooms, a pool and be really comfortable accommodation. Driving myself mad trying to find somewhere suitable-esp near town.

Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated-this town looks so lovely.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

Someplace IN town (or on the outskirts) big enough for 9 people with a pool is going to be very difficult, I think -- the real estate is generally too precious!

You might try searching for 2 properties -- it's not uncommon to see a grand old house that's been divided into 2 or more flats, but can be rented as a whole for large groups.

If that doesn't work, perhaps something along a bus route would be convenient?

You don't say where you're looking -- but you could try any of these:

www.gite.com

www.gites-de-france.com

www.cheznous.com

www.abritel.fr

Or contact the office of tourism in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue directly -- the O de T in many towns keep a list of rental properties to hand.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,441 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

You might try this agency, but there is almost nothing within the town of Isle itself.

avignon-et-provence.com/vacation-rental-lube…

And I really would recommend a car. So much to see nearby.

3. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 November 2015, 01:10
Edited: 19 November 2015, 01:10
london
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

Thanks so much for your replies.

I know it would be so much easier to have a car but it would be so great to not have to worry about parking and as we only have one possible person to drive etc. so would have to get a small mini bus! Sure we could get the occassional taxi and I guess we want more of a lazy, chill out week anyway.

Couldn't seem to see any property that would fit the bill-will def contact the Office of Tourism directly. In meantime will carry on driving myself mad!!

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

I stayed in a lovely gite in St Remy last month, which I found on the Guardian website guardiancottages.co.uk/sites/…home.aspx They have places all over Provence, inc some in l'Isle.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

You might also look at new holiday village on edge of town - L'Ostau de Sorgue. They have range of house sizes, pools, and are short walk from SuperU supermarket

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,653 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

Use an accredited French estate agent who will have lots of holiday rentals on their books. Most important your deposit is then legally guaranteed unlike any thing plucked from the web, plausable as it may seem. Agents on the spot can sort out problems, unlike the nightmare of dealing with an landlord who may live in another country and also you benefit from competive local rents rather than rip off rates.

Ed

Edited: 14 December 2011, 02:43
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

We stayed here in 2006 and it was deluxe. It's about a km walk into town. It's beautiful, has a pool, gorgeous rooms. quiet, the owners are friendly and the breakfasts were lovely.

http://www.gdb-provence.com/en/

9. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2013, 01:34
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa/ Gite rental

Four posts, most reviving old threads and all pushing the same property. It starts to look like advertising....

Edited: 20 January 2013, 10:42