We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment rental recommendation & advice?

Huntington Beach CA
Level Contributor
676 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
apartment rental recommendation & advice?

My husband & I are planning to go to Provence maybe in April or May 2013. I am doing research now to decide where to stay. L'Isle sur la Sorgue seems so nice! Would it be a good "home" base? If not, where? Also should we rent a car & then travel to other nearby sights? My husband would not alike a B & B. A gite or apartment would be great. (he likes his privacy). I would like one in the center of town, so we can walk places. I guess we would need a place to park the car if we rented one. Anyone recommend a place? A 1 bdrm, or studio even. 2 bdrm is fine also. (we're use to Paris prices!) Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Vaucluse, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: apartment rental recommendation & advice?

Looks like a nice place Lisa. I'm sure you'll love it.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
153 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: apartment rental recommendation & advice?

Lisa, I hope you enjoy your stay in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.

It is a wonderful town - just the right size. We stayed there for the first time last year and are returning with friends again this year.

The Sunday market day was amazing and we loved wandering the peaceful streets in the evening after returning from a day trip. We got to know one of the local butchers, enjoyed morning walks to a local cafe, visited the boulangerie daily and sipped wine by the waterfront.

Parking was not a problem, even though we were there late June-early July.

We usually found a park around the edge of the old town or in one of the parking zones. Then it was an easy 2-5 minute walk to our apartment. The hardest part was finding the apartment at the beginning to off-load our bags as there is very limited traffic in the old town itself.

Don't worry too much about the driving - you will quickly get used to it. We found that a GPS took a lot of the stress off.

We don't return till early September so feeling a little envious. Would love to hear you opinions when you return.

Mentioned in this post
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Vaucluse, France
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: apartment rental recommendation & advice?

Hi Robgraham-

Would you recommend L'ambience? How did it work out not having a place to park at the apartment itself?

Thanks.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: apartment rental recommendation & advice?

Hi OClisa-

Would you recommend the apartment where yuo stayed in L'isle sur la Sorgue? What parking arrangements did you make?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Vaucluse, France
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
153 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: apartment rental recommendation & advice?

We would definitely recommend "L'Ambience" for a couple - very centrally located in the old town yet quiet at night, well-equipped and a lovely courtyard out back.

Parking was not an issue at all. It was a short walk (a couple of minutes) to reach the parking around the edge of the old town or one of public carparks also nearby.

If you are concerned about the safety of parking in these areas, we felt quite comfortable as most of the locals living in the old town park there as well.

16. Re: apartment rental recommendation & advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 13:17