We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any apts in town to recommend?

Huntington Beach CA
Level Contributor
666 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Any apts in town to recommend?

I am thinking after some research to stay in l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue as my home base. Just want to do day trips around Provence. Do you think this is a good home base? I like the feel & look of it. My husband & I want the ease & privacy of an apartment. I want to be able to just walk out to get coffee, pastries, etc. We are thinking of renting a car, but my concern is parking near the apt. Is it better to rent a car or use public transportation to see the sights? We are planning on staying a week. ( In beg of May probably). Any recommendations on apts in town? I saw this one, which I like: tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g608811…

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any apts in town to recommend?

Isle sur la Sorgue will make for a lovely base to explore Provence and, yes, you would be tons better off in renting a car. I am afraid that I can offer no help with renting an apartment.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,440 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any apts in town to recommend?

We used this agency, and while the place we rented is no longer available they were a reputable agency which puts you in touch with the owner

avignon-et-provence.com/….T9Qok78vHFk

There are two right in town, the studio and the Petit maison. The Domaines du Bosquet is just a little out of town (though it looks stunning)

The one you listed is also nice and is right in the town. Just ask re parking as mostly you can't drive in and park.

Huntington Beach CA
Level Contributor
666 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any apts in town to recommend?

Lynn B those are great also & they have parking. I really like the one I posted about, but there's not a parking spot, although she said there no problem with parking. So far they are open for May. I am waiting to hear back on what their cancelation policies are. ( I have an elderly mother). Renting a car & driving makes me nervous, but I guess it's not like it's busy cities. Is it pretty easy to navigate around Provence? Thanks all!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,440 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any apts in town to recommend?

Provencal driving is really quite easy apart from navigating the suburbs around Avignon. Fine with a good map or a GPS though.

5. Re: Any apts in town to recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2013, 01:34
6. Re: Any apts in town to recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 14:19