We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not so Antique Stores

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Not so Antique Stores

I am hosting a wedding in L'Isle in October and wonder if there are thrift stores/charity shops where I can find cheap vases. I don't need antiques or fancy ones - even mason jars would work.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not so Antique Stores

Since you're not looking for Antiques, you may want to consider checking out some of the other really good/big markets

Monday - Cavaillon

Tuesday - Vaidon-la-Romaine

Wednesday - Arles, St Remy. Valreas

Thursday - Nyons, Orange

Friday - Carpentras, Lourmarin

Saturday - Apt, Arles, Avignon

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not so Antique Stores

"Charity shop" is not really an idea that exists in France...there are a few, but they are rare and widely scattered.

AlpillesGal's list is a good start (with the clarification that on Tuesday it's Vaison-la-Romaine -- just that it makes it easier to search for!).

You might also talk to a florist and see if they could order something in for you.

3. Re: Not so Antique Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 22:43
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not so Antique Stores

Got it --

There's a store called "Cultura" that is as close to a Michael's as you are going to find in France.

www.cultura.fr -- they have a store in Sorgues.

You might also try Ikea in Avignon, or their French cousins, Alinea (in Le Pontet, near Avignon) or Fly (in Monfavet, also near Avignon)

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not so Antique Stores

See Secours Catholique in L'isle sur la Sorgue - 243 avenue de l'Egalité

and Secours Populaire in Avignon - 57 route de Lyon. Both are charity shops and may have what you are looking for.

Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,478 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not so Antique Stores

The large branches of supermarket chains have a selection of vases at very reasonable prices; Carrefour and Intermarché have them, also Bricomarché.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not so Antique Stores

Sorry about the typo in my initial posting.

Other places you might want to check out for mason jars of other inexpensive vase-like containers, would be large stores like Carrefour or Intermarche.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not so Antique Stores

Hahahah - I have to laugh at the thought of an Ikea in France! That will be perfect to buy what I need for vases! Thank you!

9. Re: Not so Antique Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 17:16