We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus or train from Avignon

Windermere, Florida
5 posts
Save Topic
bus or train from Avignon

Hello All,

My husband and I will be in Avignon on Sunday the 12th of August. Does anyone know how to get to L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue . Is it possible by bus or train? If so which one, where, how much, how long? We do not speak any French. Will we have difficulty navigating the local transportation schedules? Thank you so much in advance. I really want to see this big outdoor market! :)

Regards,

Barbara

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus or train from Avignon

Hi Barbara,

The really big market in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, is on Sunday, so you will have to go on August 11.

AG

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus or train from Avignon

You can go by bus or train. The train is a little quicker and takes 30 minutes. The train stop is L'Isle–Fontaine de Vaucluse.

Windermere, Florida
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus or train from Avignon

Oh yes , definitely on the 11th. I had my dates mixed up, thank you for pointing that out. In your opinion is this a must see market?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus or train from Avignon

It's the "grandaddy" of all the Provencal markets. It's outstanding.

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus or train from Avignon

I have always taken the bus. It leaves Avignon gare routiere at 9am on Sunday morning. The timetable is here:

…vaucluse.fr/transvaucluse/infos_horaires.php and it's line 6.

If you'd rather take the train, you go from Avignon Centre station, NOT the TGV station. The timetable is here: …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/Fiche_09_s…

6. Re: bus or train from Avignon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 12:17