We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which station from Boston to New York???

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Which station from Boston to New York???

HI there

We are staying at the Marlowe Hotel for 4 nights at the end of April and then plan to travel by train to New York. Could someone please advise me which subway and station we would be better travelling from in Boston (North or South Station?)

Many thanks

Janet

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

Your only choice is South Station. Amtrak trains from NYC arrive and depart South Station and Amtrak trains from Maine go to North Station.

From the Amtrak platform at South Station, go to South Station's Redline and take the subway to the Kendal Square stop. Go outside and look for the free Cambridge Side Galleria (mall) shuttle stop. Take the shuttle to the mall buy some snacks at the Galleria and proceed to your hotel which is located next to the mall.

Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

Great Hotel, please let us know how you like it.

Staying there four nights, I would let the Concierge know you need to get to south station. If he does not put you into one of the many town cars, which are always outside, then follow the above advice.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

Many thanks for your help. Will let you know how the trip and the hotel are upon our return.

Regards

Janet

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

I hope you find the time to walk the river while there. You can walk over the longfellow bridge and be on Charles street, in about 20 minutes.

The view of Beacon Hill is very nice from near the Cambridge side of the Longfellow Bridge.

The Legals near Kendall Square is the best out of all the legals...imho.

Check to see if the boat still leaves from in back of the hotel, which will drop people on the boston side of the river.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

We hope to see as much as we can whilst in Boston, my husband had a brief visit there about 10 years ago and has always longed to go back as he liked it so much. I have never been so it will all be a new adventure for me!! Will def try to walk about quite a lot as I feel it gives you a better feel for a place. Although hubby has recomended doing the duck tour, for fun!!!

Will let you know about the boat from the back of the hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

Thank you.

7. Re: Which station from Boston to New York???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 10:17