We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea Membership

california
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Wailea Membership

Does anyone have a GW Membership and feel it's worth it. Going with family and it seems like it will pay for itself. Thoughts?

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
649 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Wailea Membership

Definitely worth it if you are going to commit to GWR vacations for the long term. Please note that there are specific black-out dates when you can not use the membership - confirm the black-out dates before you write the check.

Kihei
Level Contributor
43 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Wailea Membership

I have a membership and the fee is refundable but you have to wait two years to get your money back. The program rules are being changed and they have changed in a number of ways since the membership program was established. I requested my refund almost two years ago and will receive it in December. We found that we were more interested in long term stays on Maui so we began renting condos and other rentals. Our length of trip went out to as long as 30 days every year once we made a decision to stay out of the resorts. I would get the newest rules in writing and review them before signing. In the past you got your money back upon request but now it may be a non-refundable fee.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Wailea Membership

With foreclosures and bankrupcey on the rise I would calculate

the value for what you can get immediately. Any refunds

or transfering of benefits would probably be a bonus.

4. Re: Grand Wailea Membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 09:05
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Wailea Membership

Grand Wailea Memberships are $1500 and annual admin fee of $150. You'll be a Gold Hilton Honors for the life of your membership. When visiting other Hilton affiliated properties, this will entitle you to room upgrades and free breakfast. With the Membership, discounts are not applicable to their room and spa packages.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
7,193 Reviews
Maui, HI
6. Re: Grand Wailea Membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 18:31