We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Ongar, United...
1 post
Save Topic
When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Hi all,

I'm from England and we dont have anything like spring break in the UK so would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me.

I'm visiting Texas for the first time from March 28 to April 11th with my two kids (13 and 10) and was considering visiting Corpus Christi.

I read something about Corpus Christi and Padre Island being very popular with college students during the college spring break, but I dont know when that is ?

Does that clash with my dates and what is it like during this period (ie - we are not college students and dont want to get caught up in "all that" ... so should we go somewhere else? If so, any suggestions would be very gratefully received).

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

Level Contributor
17 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Usually spring break is the beginning and middle of March. I would believe you would be ok. Corpus Christi is a beautiful city by the Gulf so enjoy and use suntan lotion. If there are specifics trips in Texas contact me.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Most schools have Spring Break the week of March 9-13 and 16-20, 2015. You should be fine with your scheduled dates.

Have you checked Galveston Island for your trip. Yes, the water and beaches are prettier, with the clearer waters. But Galveston has so much more to do for everyone, in my opinion.

Welcome to Texas!!

Corpus Christi...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Hello Richard -

Actually, the main weeks for Spring Break for college students will have just passed the previous week of your visit. So your family should be fine.

The Texas Gulf Coast is has many wonderful destinations. Of course, we are partial to Corpus Christi because of its many family-friendly amenities. In addition the our fabulous beaches, we have the Texas State Aquarium, the USS Lexington Floating Museum and a fantastic Art Museum. The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History is another great, family-friendly spot. Hurricane Alley offers a fun splash town environment for all kinds and has a simulated surf ride called The Shredder. And - you'll be in town during baseball season - which means your family can catch a Hooks Game at the beautiful Whataburger Field. If you're family enjoys nature and other outdoor activities, the Padre Island National Seashore is the longest undeveloped beach. The South Texas Botanical Gardens and Nature Center has so many wonderful exhibits and hands-on learning opportunities. Also - in the nearby town of Kingsville - there is the King Ranch, which has a museum and you and your family can learn about the world's largest ranch and how it was run. The gift shop offers many unique gifts to take back home - and are UNIQUELY Texas! We hope you enjoy your stay in Texas and hope to see you in Corpus Christi!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,839 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Welcome to the forum VisitCCTexas!

Unfortunately the OP will be leaving us before the Hooks open their home schedule on April 16, with the exception of the Astros-Hooks game on April 2nd.

Edited: 17 February 2015, 03:41
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
19,301 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

http://www.corpuschristi-tx.net/

Daytripper program..a fun video

thedaytripper.com/daytrip/corpus-christi/

do the triangle...over to Mustang Island then take the ferry back over the bay

If you visit CC, you could visit San Antonio as well.

www.traveltex.com PDF tourism catalog on line

www.texashighways.com event calendar /articles by region

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

Spring break will not clash with your travel dates. Corpus Christi, the city itself, is not a big spring break destination. However, Padre Island is. But, spring break will be over during your dates and you will have the beach pretty much to yourself. It's a great time to come. The weather is perfect right now. Welcome to Corpus Christi.

7. Re: When is spring break in 2015 ? Corpus Christi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2016, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi
Recent Conversations