We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

Penryn, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

Our family (mom & dad & teenagers aged 16 & 17) is looking for a casual, relaxing beach vacation for about 5 days in late March. We don't want super-fancy or partying places, just a clean comfy place, ideally on the beach (Gulf Coast, not city) & near a few casual eateries. Prefer something with a living-room space but don't want a real condo because we don't want to cook!

My daughter & I like to wander up & down the beach, my son wants a nice place indoors to play computer games, my husband wants a few things to do so he doesn't get bored on the beach.

I am thinking that somewhere near Corpus Christi will be warm enough and easy to get to (we will fly in from California). Can anyone give us some ideas?

Edited: 06 February 2015, 04:08
Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
California
California
United States
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,573 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

When exactly are you arriving? You will need to avoid weeks 2 and 3 of March if you truly want relaxed as those weeks ending on March 22nd will be Texas Spring Break weeks and the beaches will be ridiculously crowded.

Most of the beach accommodations here are condos, with the hotels such as you are looking forward usually away from the beach.

Let me suggest you also look at South Padre Island as there is an airport there and you might find more beach hotels there.

Look into the Holiday Inn Sunspree but it gets very mixed reviews as a full service hotel on the beach here in Corpus Christi. It does not have separate living areas however. The location is excellent.

Maybe others can chime in with Mustang Island/Port Aransas Accommodations as well as Upper Padre hotels such as you describe.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60927-d98573-R…

Here is another property near Holiday Inn that gets good reviews but includes a kitchen.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60927-d1157531…

Edited: 06 February 2015, 06:55
Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
South Padre Island
South Padre Island
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Port Aransas
Port Aransas
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Penryn, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

Thank you, I will look into South Padre and the other accommodations you listed and see how they look. Do those areas have many eateries? Don't need formal restaurants really, just casual places for lunch, sandwiches/burgers/local food would be great. We will be arriving around March 28 or 29, sounds like we will luckily miss the crazy spring break crowds.

Mentioned in this post
South Padre Island
South Padre Island
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,573 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

Plenty of great local eateries in the area. Let me know if you decide on the Corpus Christi area and I can offer eating suggestions. You will need a car I am afraid as this is Texas and public transportation is minimal.

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Texas
Texas
United States
Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

Hi!

My name is Emily and I'm a producer on a new show for the FYI network called Waterfront House Hunting. The show is basically about couples looking for homes or condos on the water. Right now we're looking for high energy, hip, young (20's-30's), attractive couples in Texas. It's okay if they're not even currently looking for a house. And it's okay if they've already purchased a home or condo as well.

This show is different than most home buying shows because it's NOT about the drama of home buying, we just want to show beautiful towns with beautiful homes and beautiful people.

And if you help us find a couple, we'll put you on the show. Basically we're looking for people who can be on the show, talk about their business and all that the area has to offer.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!

Emily Terry

Producer

Authentic Entertainment

323-644-6144 ext. 158 - 323-644-7266 fax

emilyt@authentictv.com

http://www.authentictv.com

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
5. Re: Low-Key Beach Vacation, late March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2016, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi
Recent Conversations