We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review/critique my plans Gehrig and anyone else

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Please review/critique my plans Gehrig and anyone else

I booked the Hawthorn Suites at 1442 South Padre Island Drive. They have good reviews and meet my requirement of free breakfast and wifi. My plan is to go the beach there one day, as the reviews say there is a beach near the hotel. The next day I plan to drive 30 min to Padre Island National Seashore. I have read that there is a nice beach there with clear water and an area for swimming. The next day when we check out we will go to USS Lexington then head back to Houston. We are going Thursday-Saturday at the end of April to try to avoid some of the weekend crowd.

Does this sound ok? Any changes I should make in hotel, etc? Any suggestions are welcomed.

TIA :)

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,845 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please review/critique my plans Gehrig and anyone else

You are at the wrong Hawthorne. If you want to be near the beach you need the Hawthorne at 15201 Windward Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418. The one on SPID is a long way from the nearest beach. The rest of your itinerary is fine. You will love the National Seashore. It is a national park so there will be an entrance fee.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please review/critique my plans Gehrig and anyone else

Thank you so much! I will make that adjustment NOW!

Thanks again :))

3. Re: Please review/critique my plans Gehrig and anyone else

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2016, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi
Recent Conversations