We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer camps for kids

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Summer camps for kids

We will spend several weeks in Santa Fe this summer and I thought it could be fun for our girls to attend a day summer camp as well. I did some research on the internet, however I would be happy if someone has a recommendation for us. Thanks so much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer camps for kids

Great idea! There are SO many choices, and almost all of them are good. I am sure you have seen this:

watson-online-art-gallery.com/SummerCamps.ht…

The Audubon Center is very good if your girls like nature; it could be also good since they will learn about a different terrain than Switzerland, and it is on the site of Randall Davey's home in the foothills. My daughter went here and liked it.

The Girl's Inc. Club is a popular place; they have a special focus on girls' leadership. Santa Fe Children's Museum is also well known. Warehouse 21 is good if your girls are 10 years or older. These are more "general" camps. These places are in the city of Santa Fe but may take trips into the country.

Wise Fool is fun if your girls like circus games, as they wll learn juggling, trapeze, clowning, etc. There are also specific camps for tennis, dance, performing arts, music, art, film, climbing, rock and roll, etc. When my daughter was younger, she went to camp for different activties such as fencing, skateboarding, fabric design/tee-shirt making, etc.

Some camps are full day, others half. If your daughters have a specific interest, let me know and I might have some recommendatons. Also their ages.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer camps for kids

I have a boy, he did Boy Scout activities and camps, so I don't really have any personal experience. Both Big Sky Learning and Girls Inc have great programs and have been around Santa Fe for a long time. Also some interesting camps in Albuquerque area.

www.sftumbleweeds.com/

www.newmexico-kids.com/

www.santafechildren.com/summercamp

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer camps for kids

Thank you so much for your responses!!!! In fact I was not aware of all the web-sites that you mentioned! I absolutely appreciate your help! This weekend we are going to decide which camps the kids will attend. Thanks again!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer camps for kids

Let us know your decision!

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer camps for kids

Hello again, just realized that the registration for the Audubon summer camp starts on the 24th only. So we still have time. In addition,I just saw that the Santa Fe School for the Arts and Sciences has not their programm posted yet. My eleven year old daughter would be interested in photograpy and sciences. Any suggestions? She also would like to attend one week at the Audubon camp. I do not know yet where my 7 year old daughter will go because I feel that we first have to have a plan for my older one. My little one would be happy with any type of creative camp. Any more input is highly welcome!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer camps for kids

Perhaps you should email the Audubon camp anyway. Sometimes the classes get full. Also, maybe both girls would like it. It is about nature (science) and its in a nice location.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer camps for kids

This may also be of interest:

santafe.org/Visiting_Santa_Fe/…index.html

I recommend Rancho de los Golandrinas for a day trip; they often have "special" weekend shows. Also the Planetarium at SF Community College, good for your science daughter. If her English is good, she might ike the show on Native American Legends in the Sky.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer camps for kids

Although these are adult classes, a number are in photography and might allow your daughter to join:

santafe.org/Visiting_Santa_Fe/…

Albuquerque, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Summer camps for kids

While not in Santa Fe, there are summer camps in Albuquerque at the University of New Mexico that may be of interest (internaldrive.com/locations/…). iD Tech Camps, where students learn to create iPhone apps, video games, C++/Java programs, digital photographs, movies, and more. Good luck!

Edited: 16 March 2012, 23:12
Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Summer camps for kids

Wow, I am really overwhelmed with all the information you are giving to me! Thanks so much! We are almost ready to book the camps but I just would like to verify with you whether you may have any comments about our choices. Audubon sounds super and I guess that is for sure. But does anybody has experience with the Santa Fe School for the Arts & Sciences and with the Santa Fe Art Institute?