We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels........

Gilbert, Arizona
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende
Level Contributor
259 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels........

My wife and I will be driving up to the Flagstaff area in a few weeks and are wondering about hotels. We will be staying 2 nights and wonder if we would be better staying in town (any recommendations?) or near I40?

We like to walk around the downtown areas looking for informal/casual places to eat and enjoy the evening.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,756 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels........

If you want to walk around town, stay there. Look at Wetherby or Monte Vista for classic older hotels. Drury Inn is newer and nearby.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels........

I think RedRox means Weatherford. Check reviews before booking any hotel, especially an older one. They are mixed.

Drury Inn is newish and within walking distance of the NAU and downtown Flagstaff. There are also a few B&Bs nicely situated for your desires.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60971-Fl…

You can use the map to zone in on your preferred area, and click on the links to the left if you want something other than a big hotel, such as B&B or Vacation Rental.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,756 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels........

Thanks for the correction. I mentioned the older places for location only. I've never stayed at either of them.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,406 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels........

Most of the hotels are away from the downtown and clustered along or near the main street, Historic Route 66, near the university or near the shopping center at I-17 and I-40. I would choose based on budget.

There is plenty of parking downtown.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels........

I like the Weatherford and the Monte Vista, but understand they are old and due to their location it can be rather noisy. The location is right in downtown. The Drury is walkable to downtown and is nice. If budget is a concern, the Highland Country Inn is cheap and also walkable to downtown.

6. Re: Hotels........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2017, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Flagstaff