We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flagstaff Trip in April

Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flagstaff Trip in April

Hi. I'm planning to visit Flagstaff and nearby places In April. Is this a good time to explore the area?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,757 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flagstaff Trip in April

There's never a bad time. You just need to be prepared for late winter/early spring weather. April is notorious for a last winter blizzard. I wouldn't plan or cancel a trip over it though.

How much time will you have? What do you think you want to see/do? For places like Sedona or the Grand Canyon, you should plan to stay at those destinations, not commute from Flagstaff.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flagstaff Trip in April

If weather is your primary concern, there is often a spring snowfall in April, but in my experience, it's too warm to stick for long or really hamper your plans. There are often windy conditions in northern Arizona in spring time as the cold and warm fronts bump up against each other. Other than that, it is a lovely time to visit! Not so crowded from summer visitors and you may very well miss that snow storm. Flagstaff is at it's prettiest in springtime, IMO.

3. Re: Flagstaff Trip in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Flagstaff