We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

Just visited Ranga Wine Shop. Asked for a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka (70cl) The shop assistant wanted to charge us 6,700 rupees. I told him that last week the shop further up the road charged us 4,600 which was expensive. His colleagues gave it to us for 4,600. We are British Tourists here for a holiday, we are used to be over charged here in Sri Lanka but I am truly disgusted. I advise All Tourists to make sure they bring there own booze into Sri Lanka. Stay away from Ranga Wine Shop

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
1. Re: Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

Hmm...best to buy it from the supermarkets.

I think "Ranga" is the wine shop mentioned on this animated thread

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61238…

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
2. Re: Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

I *think* Smirnhoff retails for about Rs.4000-4100.

I might be wrong on this since I've never bought it myself

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

Yes yr probably correct. I personally think Ranga Wine shop is a rip off shop. Best for Tourists to avoid. Thanks for yr comment 😈😀

Level Contributor
21 posts
4. Re: Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

Hi,

I would like to add something to this.

Its no need to bring liquor from your own. You can go to a Keells Super Market, Laugfs Super Market or Cargills Super Market (the 3 main supermarket networks in Sri Lanka) and buy the foreign liquor brands without being overcharged.

Happy Travels!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
5. Re: Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

How is that helpful since there is no Keels or Laughf's in Aluthgama?

6. Re: Ranga Wine Shop Aluthgama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2018, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Aluthgama
More Aluthgama Topics