We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to visit the corn islands

Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
when to visit the corn islands

Hello,

My Husband and I are planning a trip to Nicaragua, leaving Dec 27tth and returning on Jan 11th. my husband would like to visit the Corn Islands to do some Scuba diving, and I would like to go to do some snorkeling and enjoy the beach. When would you recommend us visiting the islands? I have read that it can be really busy around Christmas and new years...would we find accommodation? I don't really care if it's busy.

We are both 29 and love adventure, scenery and meeting people. I have been trying to decide where to go on this trip - should we go to SJDS as well as the corn islands, or is that too much beach? what about grenada and ometepe? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!!!

Granada,Nicaragua
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: when to visit the corn islands

Hello Lemon

You have around 16 days in Nicaragua, you have time to see most of the

beauties of this country, if you land in Managua you can visit Leon is just

1 1/2 hr away (there they have the Volcano Boarding) then you can go to Granada where there are Canopy - Cloud Forest - Kayak - City Tour, other destinies Like Ometepe is good option to see some different than a Colonial City is a place for Hiking -Waterfall - Coffee Plantations, you can try to

stay in San Juan Sur which a good place for Swimming - Surfing or Corn Island for diving or Snorkelling but try to make your reservation ahead of time..

Dec - Jan are like the top of the high season in Nicaragua

We hope your enjoy Nicaragua

Anthony Largaespada

Tierra Tour

Tour operator

2. Re: when to visit the corn islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Big Corn Island