We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do, where to stay for family of 4 in February

Alberta
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do, where to stay for family of 4 in February

My husband and two 20 yr old sons are coming to Nicaragua in February for a few weeks. We are doing a week on the Caribbean and a week on the Pacific side. I am wondering how long to stay in the Corn Islands. We come via Houston and was wondering if we get directly on a plane to the Corn Islands or stay in Managua for one night. Any help with the logistics or suggestions on how long to stay at Big Corn versus Little Corn would be appreciated. Also, we are Canadian and just happy to drink beer, swim and swing in a hammock, but if we did get energetic, any suggestions for fishing or other activities??

central america
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do, where to stay for family of 4 in February

February is generally considered 'high season' on the Corn Islands so you usually need to book planes there from Managua a few days in advance rather than expect to just turn up and hop on!

Websites offering details of places to stay, transport and things to do for both islands are below

www.bigcornisland.com

www.littlecornisland.net

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do, where to stay for family of 4 in February

Greetings curlergirlAlberta:

Regarding the logistics, there is a very early morning flight and an afternoon flight to CI, so it can be difficult to do a direct connection without staying at least one night in Managua.

The Houston flight comes in at 10:55 pm so if you have the time, I would normally recommend reserving for the afternoon flight the next day as the turnaround from 11-12 pm-ish to 4-ish am in the morning is IMHO way too brutal!

I'm dropping off guests for their flight to CI tomorrow and they need to be at the airport at 4:45 am, an hour and a half before the flight. But they came in the day before and had a good nights sleep first. Speaking of sleep, whoops, better go to sleep now :)

I blogged about some of the lodging alternatives that first night in Managua if you would like to peruse :)

elportonverde.com/2012/…

Cheers,

Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

Alberta
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do, where to stay for family of 4 in February

Thank you, I think staying over in Managua and catching the early flight might be the best idea, thanks again.

4. Re: What to do, where to stay for family of 4 in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island