We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turn around time in Managua airport....

Murfreesboro...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
turn around time in Managua airport....

HI! If we arrive in Managua at 12:15pm can we make a flight to Big Corn Island at 2:30pm? Thanks!!

ps: annnnd if we arrive at Big Corn Island at 3:50 will we be ok on catching a panga to Little Corn Island?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,334 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

That may or may not work. I wouldn't attempt it unless I was on a TV show trying to win a million bucks.

Once you clear immigration etc, step out the airport front doors and walk/run to the little building on your left. That's where you catch the small plane.

If you miss the last panga to LCI, you may be able to charter a boat to make a special trip for you. Have a backup plan.

Good luck!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,334 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

PS, budget 2.5 or 3 minutes in the Managua airport to find an ATM and get local currency. Last I heard, BCI has one ATM (do you want to rely on it?), and LCI has none.

central america
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

Note that the flight to Big Corn is at 2pm, not 2.30pm.... if you arrive into Managua on time and clear customs quickly, which you usually do, then you should be fine. The boat to Little Corn generally waits for the arriving flight from Managua if it is running late so should be fine there also.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
58 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

If the fight time is at 2pm, you should check in at 12:30pm or earlier to make sure your seat, your baggage on the same flight and your earlier arrival (in case there are second or third plane). If you check in later, your possibility to lose your flight or your baggage arrives on the next day flight is bigger. i would travel next day on the first flight.

Indiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

I think you'd be fine. Our 2:30 flight was at least an hour late, which seemed common, so I wouldn't worry too much, but I would have a back up plan.

Puerto Cabezas...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

The atm is a good idea to use in the airport before flying to the atlantic coast. Sometimes it will only give you 500s which are hard to find change for. I'd bring a bunch of small usd bills to use in case. Sometimes spending dollars you don't get the best exchange rate but it sure beats not having change.

7. Re: turn around time in Managua airport....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island