We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guten Free in FIJI

Euroa, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Guten Free in FIJI

Hi, I am a Coeliac so need a gluten free diet. How am I going to go for food availability at both Denarau Island and Matamanoa Island.

Cheers,

Shelley

13 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Guten Free in FIJI

Hi NZCath, you can do day trips to Castaway. They are soooo good with GF and other allergies. There is already lots on the menu and buffet that is GF but you can also email them. We have stayed on the island twice now and the pastry chefs made some spectacular desserts for us.

Euroa, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Guten Free in FIJI

Hi all, we stayed at The Westin and I had absolutely no trouble finding G F food. They even had as a normal thing at breakfast G F pancakes which were lovely. Then off to Matamanoa Island where the chef Jona was fantastic, coming to me every morning saying what I could have for that day or offering to do something off the menu if I wanted. He was a gem of a man. Also at the marina most of the restaurants had something G F on the menu. All said and done I had no problems at all with finding nice food while over there. Happy Holidays, wish I was there right now!!!!!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Guten Free in FIJI

Hi nzcath17

The day trip we did was aboard the Bel Mare it was a fullday trip with lunch. It was a buffet however we just made sure she got to the buffet first and grabbed enough of the GF dishes before cross cont from other dishes has a chance to occur. We actually booked it online through a third party website and got a really good special for the day.

Hope this helps

Edited: 06 July 2017, 14:11
Reply to: Guten Free in FIJI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island